My Annie Sloan Work Book - With all my imperfect inspiration.

This past year I haven't had much time to be inspired at home. I have been spending most of my spare time at my boutique. Although I love it, I have made a little New Year's resolution to myself. In 2013 it will be the year I spend a little more time away from the boutique and more time nesting. I am quite ashamed to admit,  but I do not have, not one drop of Chalk Paint™ in my home. I have been dying to re-do a few things, NO a lot of things. Which brings me to Annie's wonderful,  inspiring Work Book.  Yesterday was the official launch of her Work Book. I am sad to say I had wanted to post this yesterday but the Flu Bug has hit us all in the store this week including myself, causing a little ruffle in our feathers. So here I am,  a day late.  

I normally do not do things this way. I can visualize an entire project from start to finish in my head. Colour schemes, furniture, everything. I have recently discovered that some people cannot visualize their projects. Annie's Work Book can help others to plan out colour schemes, furniture choices, and help to inspire them.  As I sat down to plan out my colour scheme for my kitchen , Something hit me!!! Something I haven't felt in a long time as far as my home was concerned. I became really excited to get this project on the way. I was so inspired I had to write it out on the first page!!!! 


My inspirations, My dreams, my colours, My Work Book. 
 I am excited to share what I have started. 
Tomorrow,  I will be sharing it in my workshop as well.  


So something that started off as a commitment to promote Annie's Work Book (sorry Annie) actually woke something up inside of me. Don't know if it was just the hard work that I have put into my business throughout this past year and a half but my home was an afterthought. I was no longer inspired to even clean it.  I haven't entertained in my home for over a year. yes the bug hit me!! I really, really want to get this started. Here are my colour choices: 
Graphite - floor, 
French Linen - lower cabinets, 
Old Ochre- upper cabinets. 

I really love Graphite and French Linen together. My kitchen walls are Red. Oddly the same red as Emperor's Silk. I still love the red. 


Something else you need to know about me. I am messy. During my workshops I get paint on my face, paint in my hair, paint on my shoes, Chalk Paint™ everywhere. This is when I am the happiest. When I am being creative, when I am inspiring others to be creative too.  So no surprise my Work Book is messy too. I just realized I haven't sketched in years, ahhh it is wonderful. Although it is a quickie sketch. But this is what the Work Book is all about. It is not about perfection, not about being an artist, nor is it for anyone else but for yourself. 



This is my Work Book.......and only MINE! 
With all my imperfect inspiration. I look forward to sharing the realization of my projects this coming New Year and sharing them through my Work Book. 

Thank you Annie for inspiring me. 

Work Books are available through your local Stockists. To find one close to you Click HERE 


My Quote for the day.

Believe you can and you're halfway there. 
Theodore Roosevelt 


Comments

  1. livinginmyhomeblogspotDecember 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

    Ciao sto aspettando che a giorni mi arrivino le vernici di Annie Sloan ho tanti progetti per queste vernici. Spero che facciano a me l'effetto che hanno avuto su di te,ispirazione. Complimenti. Piera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you post pictures of your kitchen once it's done! I'd love to see the Graphite floors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well here I am Caroline
    Had to come after your good news! Congrats btw - and of course I'm dying to see what you do ( if in fact you get the time to actually consider doing it lol )
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts