Chalk Paint™ Provence with clear and dark soft wax - Friendly Strangers we love to meet...

I have a special guest on my Blog today, my Niece Melanie.
en français

There are some people who cross our paths that inspire us and bring us great joy. From the moment Rita walked in to Piorra Maison I instantly knew she would be one of those people. Initially, she was just walking by and decided to take a fast peek in our boutique. She quickly took an interest in our Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 

 


She told me she had an old chair in her home that she wanted to revitalize but wasn't sure how she would go about this. With the promise of No Sanding, No Priming and No Prep-work Rita enthusiastically signed up for our full day DIY workhop. We impatiently waited for the day Rita would be coming in with her piece.

The chair she brought in had been re-upholstered with a hand-made Bargello seat made by Rita herself. But Rita thought the current color was ugly and blah... And in dire need of a new life!


 Rita's Bargello


After deciding to paint her chair with the color Provence and giving it added character with some dark wax, Rita picked up the knack for painting rapidly. 



The Provence & dark wax matched her patterned seat seamlessly. Rita once again dazzled us with her eye for applying the dark wax without over doing it. 

                                           

With some guidance she mastered the art of distressing. Her chair is a masterpiece that looks as though it aged effortlessly over the years...

  


Rita is now a regular at the shop and has stopped by almost everyday since the workshop. She always comes in with a smile and warms our hearts, and fills our day with laughter!!! We are so glad we can now call her friend.




Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Albert Camus


Merci Melanie



My Niece, Melanie will be periodically guest posting on my Blog.  My store is becoming more, and more busy and I have less and less time for all the social media. She is an excellent writer and an outstanding human being. You will enjoy her blogs.  I am so blessed to have her working with me. She is a big contributor to the success of the store and we work well together. She keeps me grounded and focused. Thank you Melanie for all your hard work.
Love Auntie Caroline
xxxx


















Comments

Popular Posts