Shabby chic Amour.

Finally completing a few projects. Clearing my head. My son once said to me as a 4 year old "Adults have a hard time remembering things because their heads are filled with adult stuff". Quite the words of wisdom coming from a 4 year old. Older now, he still has quite the words of wisdom but his head must be filled with teenage STUFF...he conveniently forgets to do his chores. Back to clearing my head and my basement, I managed to complete a few interesting projects today. I will reveal them on a future blog but this is the biggy for today. Ahhh feels good to get started. 


I picked this up on the net for a steal. It is in great shape but needs a little bit of  
"Shabby chic Amour"! 



 For the love of knobs why do people insist on using these ugly plastic things on such a beautiful vintage piece.
These U-G-L-Y knobs need to be melted down at the plastic recycling factory. Never to be seen again. 


Gave the piece a good sanding, and a light coat of taupe, grey, latex paint from the reject bin. Love them deals.


Rubbed off excess with a damp rag.


I am really happy with the way this is turning out.


I need to work on the mirror tomorrow and.....here is where the fun begins. 



I get to use my KNOBBIES for the first time. "clap, clap, clap"
I am off gotta RUN....for now. 

I am on my way to see the Melissa  Etheridge Concert at Place Des Arts in Montreal. 

Very excited. Have a good evening.










Comments

  1. Your project is looking great!! Plus I am a little envious about the concert!! How exciting!

    Come and join the Artful Offering and an Interview on my site!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, Love your dresser and it is looking beautiful. Cannot wait to see it with the finished mirror and knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dresser and can't wait to see it finished. I'm also envious of your concert! Hope you had a great time! Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is looking gorgeous! I agree about the ugly plastic knobs. I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts