Canopy beds, Drapery, so romantic.

My last post inspired me to write about canopy beds and drapery.  I was researching some terminology and came across some stunning photographs I would love to share with you. Some indoor and some outdoor inspirations. Have a look.


Wouldn't this be spectacular in one of Montreal's downtown lofts. Old warehouses are being converted to grand living spaces instead of being torn down. Nice to see some are preserving our past. This is by far my favorite. I could live in a space similar to this. The layers of drapery give a sense of fantasy and   
romance. Imagine an afternoon lounging under this canopy of creaminess. Dreamy!


The ceiling deserves a mention in this photo. White drapery is always so fresh looking and romantic.


I used white flowing drapery to separate my daughters studio apartment.  Drapery allows her to tie them back when more lighting is needed throughout the space and to pull them closed  for a little privacy.  Her studio apartment is located in Midtown Manhattan so she gets many visitors. I being one of them. :) I will have to take some pictures and share while I am there, but it looks much like this.


I find the drapery just softens the hard lines. Adds a little bit of fantasy to the space. Mmm I would love to have this cabin perched at the top of my hill overlooking the lake.  I am allowed to dream.


This is a little more within my budget, and what I can afford at the moment. I can do this!!!!
Pray for a dry summer. 


Fantasy hammocks. Would look stunning on an outside deck.  


A white wonderland. Could be interesting in an attic converted to a bedroom. 


Large grommet drapes are used to separate the two spaces. Salvaged raw lumber makes a stunning bed frame.  


Drapery weaved through a wrought iron "demi lune" frames the bed.


The crowning jewel.


A soft room divider again lets the light glow through.


A little touch of whimsical fantasy. Very Victorian and yet not.


I can see a teenager enjoying this set-up in a basement bedroom. I know I would have just loved it. Of course I would have had to kick my two sisters out. 


I adore this bed.


Last but definitely not least is the lovely creamy drapery used in Mme. Classy Lady's former dining room.  Her home is always a show stopper and the inspiration to this post.



And here in her Shabby chic, Pays des merveilles. She is clearly the queen of drapery. 


Hope you enjoyed my little inspirational journey. What are some of your favorite bedroom inspirations? 

I recently started to redo my bedroom but was temporally put out of service for a few months with a broken shoulder. Its been a very long recovery, I WILL have to recount all that wonderful fiasco. I can laugh about it now! I couldn't move or do very much, so I plopped myself down in front of my computer, had a ball being catered to by my 17 year old son and low and behold I discovered Miss Mustard Seed's blog. She inspired me to do what I love to do. It brought me to here, today.... blog land with all my wonderful blog friends. It has been quite a journey and I am loving it. Thanks to all my readers and followers. Merci. Once I return from New York I will commence the work in my bedroom. I would love if you all came along and followed.  I have a very small budget, a big imagination and no Mr. Handyman. Just me, myself and I along with my two wonderful helpful teenage boys.  This is where the fun begins. I have so many projects I spin in circles most of the time. Hopefully I can stay focused and get started. I have been so inspired by everyone. Thank you again.

My inspirational words for the day.

The power of imagination makes us infinite.
                                                                John Muir

Au revoir
Caroline
X


Comments

  1. O WOW!!!!! Dreams have come true - thats it - I want a wrought iron headboard and drapery weaved into it!!!!!!!! but my absolute fave is the ooutdoor one hahahahahahahahaaha keep them coming and wow gorgeous post - I want every single one - THANKS!!! And continue to be inspired - your imagination only stops where you want it to stop :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! WOW! Your blog is gorgeous! and your content extraordinary! I am humbled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so enthralled I forgot to wish you blessings for your poor shoulder! I hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline...such beautiful inspirational pics. I love them all. I love a bed dressed in flowing drapery panels and sheers.
    Thanks for your comment on my mural post. I totally understand your mural wall, too. I always thought the next owner would paint over the one in my son's room.
    Hope your shoulder is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline, new tto and following your absolutely lovely blog!! Beautiful post...love all the inspiring pics!
    Sincerely,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So dreamy and beautiful...every photos was simply gorgeous.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these beds are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great inspiration photos! I love the canopies. Always wanted one growing up so when I got my own place, I made my own. Something romantic and princess like about them. Hope your shoulder troubles are behind you. Can't wait to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry, Caroline, to hear that you broke your shoulder. OUCH!!! I hope you are on the mend and will be back to normal soon. In the meantime, take all the attention you can get from your teenagers - while you can! ;)

    I love wispy, flowing fabrics encircling a bed. It is so utterly romantic! Unfortunately, my Yankee disagrees.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always fond of those canopy beds that are set up outside. You get the best of both worlds: great views and fresh air with the comfort and relaxation of an outdoor cushion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts