Hello from the top of the world-Mission complete

Hello everyone, from the top of the world......YES, my mission is complete.  I am sitting at 900 feet at the top of a mountain in Meierskappel, Switzerland.  This is my breathtaking view I wake up to every morning. 



It doesn't get any better then this............Mission complete.  I came to Switzerland to surprise my high school friend for her birthday. Sorry for the secrecy but my girlfriend reads my blog, and I did not want to spoil the surprise.  Her husband (Mr. Popular, I'll explain later) and I planned this trip without her knowledge. Wait until you see her face!!!!!!


I am in AWE....... this country is beautiful. The landscape is breathtaking. Every corner I turn, I see something that takes my breath away. I have taken over 500 pictures, snapping and soaking up every bit of scenery. We are in Cherry county, Zug, the best cherries in the world and it looks like it is going to be an early crop. The weather has been just spectacular (over 22 Celsius, and sunny) for a tourist like me who just wants to roam the cantons and take it all in. 


 I left Montreal, Friday 4:30 pm and arrived in Zurich on Saturday 10:45 am (her Birthday). A very Long flight, but oh so worth it.  Mr. Popular advised Birthday girl, to her disappointment,  he had a meeting in Zurich Saturday morning. Mmmm on her birthday.... Sorry Hun, he just couldn't cancel!  It was a front to come pick me up at the airport. We arrived at their home and he asked her to come out and see what Luca (their Dog) did to the lawn. I was hiding on the side of the house. The look on my friends face when she say me was priceless.  WHAT!!!!!!!! She could not comprehend why I was standing on her lawn, on the side of her house? Her shock and the excitement of the moment had us all in tears. It is an everlasting moment we would never forget.



We embraced and cried some more. I am still pinching myself, I don't believe I am in Switzerland with my friend and her family! Sharing new moments and old moments we missed out on, no one could understand but ourselves! Thank you Mr. Popular for making this all happen! 


Of course there is Luca, their affectionate cat-loving-dog feeling the moment. After we all calmed down we sat for a delicious brunch overlooking the view. In the evening we attended a wine tasting party. I immensely enjoyed with more breathtaking views until my jet lag set in and spoiled our time. On top of the world, yes indeed...I thought, but Mr. Popular was not done with the surprises.....He had a spectacular Sunday all planned out for the two of us. Here is a Hint at what was to come.......


You will soon find out why we call him Mr. Popular.......

My words of inspiration for the day.

Live from your heart and you will always be true to yourself. 

Caroline
xx

Chin up Booboo! :)) Miss you Moo and Roo 



Comments

  1. Wow Caroline! How exciting! The pictures are wonderful so I can only imagine how it looks in person! Sounds like her hubby is a keeper for sure:)

    You missed a lot of blogger drama the past couple of days, many people have not been able to leave comments because of Google friend connect issues but I think they're working on it. I tried to comment here this morning but couldn't:(

    Anyway, enjoy and have a wonderful time!!! Lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh what a wonderful surprise for your friend! My friend surprised me too last year for my birthday (just from Mtl to Toronto, though), it's a wonderful sensation! Switzerland is on my bucket list as my husband is half Swiss, but he never had the opportunity to take me. Enjoy your fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts