Village of value

I have been trying to get to the one thing I desire doing the most at the moment. It is not working out for me. For the longest time I have been trying to work on redoing my bedroom. Slowly, I have been collecting, planning and searching for items I desire for my room. As many of you may know I am a single Mom, so I have decided this year to create an ambiance in my bedroom that will reflect my desire in life, love. I would like something romantic, calm and soothing for the senses. I have chosen the  theme of LOVE. No... my bedroom will not be red with big red velvet cushions and a heart shaped bed. Definitely not my style.  My style is more casual, laid-back comfy cozy with mushy pillows and crumpled linens. 
This is more my style. So...Today.



I found the mother of all jack-pots.



I was wondering how I was going to afford what I really wanted.


But today was MY day!  I decided to enter a place called Village des Valeurs. I have never been inside one of these stores but I am sure glad something led me to go in today. In English it means village of value (its a thrift shop). Look what I found!


I was ecstatic. Can you guess what it is yet?


Glorious... with all its crumpleness, just how I like it. 


They are a perfect match and color. 


I found linen drapes for my bedroom to match my headboard I have designed. 


I just had to boast about my great find. Now, now I know it is not nice. I apologize for my rudeness but I just couldn't help myself. Now wait... the best part I got them for a steal. I cannot wait to get started on my room. This is just the icing on the cake. 

My words to inspire for the day.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
                                                                                                                  - Albert Einstein

Remember your words are my inspiration, please leave a comment.
Thank you
Caroline





Comments

  1. Great Find! Can't wait to see what the room looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha village des valeursss - cant wait to see them up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed!! But... wait.. what do ya mean you don't want a heart shaped bed? Comon!! hehehe :)

    I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see the drapes hung, I bet they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic drapes!

    This store is a chain across Canada. Here it's called Value Village, or VV for short. I check it out all the time for unusual and inexpensive stuff and I feel great about giving new life to second hand items. It's win win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those linen curtains are a real find. I love linen (I acutally did a post on it recently) and I'm sure they will look fabulous in your room. Keep us posted! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go right ahead and boast! They look lovely!
    Can't wait to see your room. Have fun.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts